Southpac Trucks, DAF and Kenworth Parts & Service Dealer network have vacancies all over New Zealand for experienced Diesel Vehicle/Automotive Technicians. We would like to hear from suitable candidates from New Zealand and applicants who want to emigrate to New Zealand.
Positions: Automotive technicians, service administrators, service formans, service leading hand.
Locations: All major regions in both the North and South Island
Salary: Ranges from $50,000NZD to $80,000 NZD subject to experience and working hours.
Hours: 40 hours per week, to include some Saturday’s on a roster basis
Experience and attributes required:
- The successful Vehicle Technician / Automotive Mechanic will need to possess the following skills and attributes:
- Experience as a Diesel Vehicle Technician / Mechanic / Motor Technician with a recognised Main Dealer
- A proven diagnostic track record detailing any diagnostic equipment experience or factory training courses attended
- Up to date Diesel Technology skills
- Recognisable Industry qualifications. Technician Certificate (minimum level 3)
- The following skills and experience are desirable:
- Electrical / Electronic experience
- Experience of vehicle Air Conditioning systems – MOT testing experience – Auto Gearbox knowledge
“I started working for SPT in 1999 as a trainee out of school. I worked my way into an apprenticeship and by the time I had completed my apprenticeship I had already become a sole charge operator for two off site operations run by SPT and obtained all my truck and trailer licenses. SPT has taught me the work ethic and skillset which has allowed me to progress through my career, and to move into different roles in the company. I believe there is no comparison to what SPT offers its employees by having the best brand trucks, equipment, facilities, people and support.”– Sean Gilbert